Welcome to Alinear Osteopathy. We are currently accepting new patients.
Are you suffering from chronic or acute pain, lack of mobility, stiffness with joint pain and muscle aches, fatigue or headaches or overall physical weakness?
Have you recently had a concussion or athletic injury?
Consider manual osteopathy- a gentle, non invasive hands on approach which is safe and effective for the whole family.
WHAT IS MANUAL OSTEOPATHY?
History of Osteopathy
Osteopathy was founded in 1874 by Dr Andrew Still, a doctor who dedicated his life to understanding anatomy and its impact on body function while looking for non invasive ways to enhance the body’s self healing mechanisms. His years of research led him to found a discipline that he titled Osteopathy. The term ‘Osteo’ refers to bones and ‘pathic’ to disease as it relates to both the interconnectedness of structure and function.
Manual Osteopathy is a very gentle non invasive, hands-on form of manual therapy that focuses on supporting the bodies self healing mechanisms to restore and promote optimal health – while seeking to address the physical structure and resolve underlying imbalances, not only treat symptoms of dis-ease. Manual Osteopathy does not involve pharmaceutical medications or surgery but instead focuses on removing restrictions to physical structure to assist the bodies self regulation abilities functioning within set homeostatic principles.
“The rule of the artery must be absolute, universal and unobstructed, or disease will be the result.” A. T. Still MD, DO
Osteopathy ~ Holistic Treatment for your Well-being from head to toe
Manual osteopathy can benefit your body in the following ways:
- Realignment of the physical body structure to support optimal function
- Strengthen the structure of your body
- Spinal alignment issues
- Reduce scar tissue or adhesions
- Restore range of motion in joints
- Provide gentle corrections to bones, ligaments and tendons ,
- Address the whole interconnected structure and function, aiding the flow of fluid (circulatory and lymphatic), aiding the nervous system and addressing structural adaptations resulting from stress or injury.
- Enhance optimal wellbeing, energy and vitality
Manual Osteopathy is a very gentle process that is suitable for all age groups.
Benefits of osteopathic therapy include:
- Relief from tense muscles
- Decreased pain
- Improved posture
- Improved circulation
- Improved athletic performance
- Stress management
- Improved energy and peace of mind
- Increased immune function
- Headache relief
- Increased joint mobility
- Relief from possible mechanical compression
- Senior wellness with a focus on injury prevention, maintaining quality of life
- Concussion issues
- Fascia work and soft tissue release, facilitates removal of restrictions to digestive organs via visceral manipulation
- In addition to treating dis-ease, manual osteopathy can be used for health promotion and maintenance. Used both for prevention of dis-ease and as part of a wellness enhancement program
Who Can Benefit from Osteopathic Care?
Manual Osteopathy is beneficial for all family members…
Manual osteopathy is used for athletes wanting to enhance their performance or for injury prevention, for improving flexibility, strength and agileness during adulthood, for children and infants (including birth issues) and for senior wellness by using drug-free pain management techniques to enhance mobility, reduce pain, thereby enhancing quality of life.
Acute injury and Chronic pain
Manual Osteopathy is known to aid in the recovery from chronic pain and acute injury, concussions and reduce the impact of injuries from falls or motor vehicle accidents.
If you want to know if Osteopathy is the right treatment for you, email us today. Manual Osteopathy Therapy at Alinear Osteopathy.