Welcome to Alinear Osteopathy ~ our manual osteopathic practitioner is accepting new clients and look forward to being a part of your health journey.
Alinear in Spanish translates into the meaning: To Align, which is ‘in alignment’ with the concepts of manual osteopathy, specifically the state of body alignment due to proper positioning or adjustment of parts, all in correct relationship to one another.
Osteopathy offers gentle support for temporo-mandibular joint disorders, mobility issues, chronic pain management, headaches, repetitive strain injuries and trauma through a variety of manual osteopathic techniques including cranial osteopathy, mobilization, muscle energy techniques and visceral manipulation as well as support for chronic pain.
ALINEAR = Spanish tranlation- To Align
OSTEOPATHY = A manual practice emphasizing the treatment of medical disorders through manipulation and massage of the bones, joints and muscles.
Katolen Yardley, DO (EU), MNIMH, RH (AHG), RHT
Doctor of Osteopathy (EU) ~ Osteopathic Manual Practitioner, Medical Herbalist
Katolen is a Registered Manual Osteopathic Practitioner. She has obtained a degree as Doctor of Osteopathy (EU), along with completion of 1000 additional hours of Osteopathy Clinical Internship which complies with World Health Organization requirements for Osteopathic practitioner training.
Her unique interest in manual osteopathy is with cranial osteopathy and stress related trauma and the role of the fascia in whole body health.
Katolen’s additional training:
- Upledger Institute: Cranial Sacral Therapy Level 1
- Upledger Institute: Cranial Sacral Therapy Level 2
- Barral Institute: Visceral Manipulation Level 1
- Healing Touch Program: Healing Touch Level 1
- Healing Touch Program: Healing Touch Level 2
- Her thesis was written on Fascia Tissue “The Body as One Unit: The Role of Connective Tissue in Whole Body Health”
Since 2000 Katolen has operated a successful western herbal medicine practice in Vancouver and Port Moody, BC and online consultations throughout North America. For more information visit: www.katolenyardley.com and www.alchemyelixir.com
In addition she is:
- Author: “The Good Living Guide to Natural and Herbal Remedies” (2016)
- Adjunct faculty member at Boucher Naturopathic College
- Instructor and clinic supervisor at Dominion Herbal College
- Runs an Herbal Medicine Student Apprenticeship Training Clinic
- Offers education to the public via workshops at VanDusen Botanical Gardens and UBC Sustainable Farm
- Guest speaker at local and international conferences
- Current president of the Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations (CCHA) 2017-current, second term
- Past president of the Canadian Herbalist’s Association of BC (CHA of BC) 2013-2019
An Osteopathic Chronic Pain Clinic
Alinear Osteopathy is a member of The Osteopathic Chronic Pain Clinics of Canada. It is the largest privately owned chronic pain clinic throughout the world, with more than 335 clinics in 30 countries including Canada, USA, Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Africa.
To learn more: